Cloudflared doesn't open port anymore

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

Being able to query Cloudflared from other LANs.

Actual Behaviour:

Server is unreachable since the port isn't open

I'm running a two server setup, first is pi-hole and second is the resolver using cloudflared DoH.

When I dig from the resolver then I get a result, but if I dig from pi-hole then it gets timeout, the resolver doesn't somehow open it's port anymore.

This is odd, I've been using pihole with cloudflared many times and always worked, but now it doesn't.

What can I do wrong here?

I'm using this to install cloudflared: Redirecting...

btw, when I run pihole -d then I get this when it tries to query the resolver

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Name resolution (IPv4) using a random blocked domain and a known ad-serving domain
dig: '' is not a legal name (unexpected end of input)
[✗] Failed to resolve via localhost (127.0.0.1)
dig: '' is not a legal name (unexpected end of input)
[✗] Failed to resolve via Pi-hole (10.0.0.235)
[✓] doubleclick.com is 64.233.184.102 via a remote, public DNS server (8.8.8.8)

• The resolvers IP isn't there, the pihole has IP: 10.0.0.235 and the resolver has IP: 10.0.0.236

https://gyazo.com/28a14269532116e9b7bd553ac709f9ef - this is a screenshot of the DNS setting page

I've tried to upload debug log, but it can't since DNS isn't resolving.

If there is anything you'll need from the debug let me know and I'll paste it

We do not develop Cloudeflared, so we are not able to fix issues with it. Do you mean that FTL does not open its DNS port? Upload the debug log manually (located at /var/log/pihole_debug.log).

It's cloudflared that is the problem, I was just hoping someone in here had a fix.

Just delete or close this one, I got it working by adding --address 0.0.0.0 to the startup

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.