Client group management: dropdown adds scrollbar

Problem with Beta 5.0:
If I try to assign a group to the last item in the list of configured clients in client group management, the dropdown opens inside the box and a scrollbar is added.

Update: same issue in all tables of the group management section
Debug Token:
n/a

This is somewhat expected as the dropdown lives inside the table itself. Does this prevent you from being able to reach the last option or is that possible after scrolling down?

I can select the last option.

Okay, so it is more a cosmetic issue. Someone who actually learned how to code Javascript (in contrast to me!) might be able to comment on this and how to achieve that the select box is not tied into the table container.

I also noticed this - it's a cosmetic issue, after scrolling down I can assign user to the group.
5.0 runs on a Pi1 without any issues.

It appears I'm maybe not as bad as I thought when it comes to web coding. Please try whether

pihole checkout web fix/group_assignment_allow_overflow

fixes this.

It seems to work for me (Firefox 73.0 on Ubuntu 19.10):

edit Connected pull request:

1 Like

Sweet! tx+
Firefox 73.0 (64-bit) / xubuntu 18.04 / Xfce 4.12.3

It works, but there is a problem when there are many groups and you try to change the last entry on the page. The dropdown gets longer than the page size.

Maybe the dropdowns at the bottom should open to the top?

grafik

One problem solved, another one added... Not sure how to achieve this best. It is not only the last one, assume you have 25 groups. Maybe they wouldn't fit at all to the page. Maybe the scrolling bar "option" (so what was there before my proposed fix) is still the better one overall?...

How about something like this? Bootstrap Snippet Scrollable Dropdown Menu using HTML CSS Bootstrap

You don't have to scroll the whole page and users with many entries can select everything.

I have found a solution(which appears to be basically the same solution :slight_smile:) will push to that branch

@lw1, should be fixed for you now...

If you click the last item on the page there is a scrollbar, but the dropdown is still too long for the page.

normal:
grafik

last item:
grafik

Ah, I missed a step.... Moment, please!

Hmmm, not able to reproduce that..

What browser are you using?

edit: If I make the browser window smaller, then I can reproduce it.

I'm using Firefox 73.0 on Windows 10.

Edit: the size of my browser window is 2735x1016px (according to https://www.whatsmybrowser.org/)

Edit2: same error using MS Edge 80.0.361.54

Just pushed another change, try again please!

The scrollbar is now gone and the menu is still too long.

Can you try refreshing your browser cache, please? It is definitely working for me on this end :slight_smile:

downandup

It works in the list of configured clients, but not for domains and adlists. I was testing on the adlist-page.