Chromecast with Google TV and DNS over TLS (DoT)

Hello

What a great tool pihole is! Thank you very much to all developers for developing such a useful and fantastic tool, especially that I'm reading that they're doing this in their free time. A big thank you.

I was wondering if someone would help, though, with the following:

• I followed the guide on how to set up the 'Optional' parts on Fritzbox, which, I believe, would stop Chromecast with Google TV 4k from displaying ads on Euronews, as well as Channel 4 and Channel 5 (in the UK). I understand that with adverts being part of YouTube broadcast, I'd not be able to do that on the France24 app, which relies on YouTube stream, but with the ones above, I thought I would. Anyone can point me in the right direction with this please?

• A feature request: although there is a guide on how to implement DNS over HTTPS on pihole (using unbound and cloudfared), as a novice, I found them difficult to implement. Therefore, I was wondering if it'd be possible to request this option to be available on the dashboard please (preferably for DNS over TLS), where the user would switch it on/off as required, together with an option to fall back on an unencrypted name resolution, if the encrypted one fails, and the whole install process would include the installation of the above as an option?

Thank you for your time and help.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.