Can't access admin portal from outside network

I'm running Pi-hole in a docker container behind a local Ngnx proxy manager, which in turn, is behind Cloudflare. I have assigned a FQDN to pi-hole.

I would like to be able to admin my pi-hole installation from remote locations. However, when I try to access it from the Internet, I get a blocked page from pi-hole. It works perfectly fine from the local LAN with the same FQDN. The block page indicates that the domain was manually blacklisted by wildcard. However, I can't find that black list and have even tried to whitelist it.

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/ziOkRPgs/

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

For secure access to your private network via public internet connections, you'd have to make use of a VPN, i.e. configure a VPN server in your Pi-hole's private network and configure your aspiring remote machine as a corresponding VPN client.
You could refer to the Guides > VPN section of Pi-hole's documentation for a few configuration suggestions.

OK, as long as this is by design, I can live with that. Setting up the vpn was next on the list.

Thanks for your time.

Mike.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.