Cannot update to V5.2 (unsupported OS)

Also have the same issue.

root@DietPi:~# pihole -up
  [i] Checking for updates...
  [i] Pi-hole Core:     up to date
  [i] Web Interface:    up to date
  [i] FTL:              update available

[i] FTL out of date, it will be updated by the installer.

[✓] Root user check

.;;,.
        .ccccc:,.
         :cccclll:.      ..,,
          :ccccclll.   ;ooodc
           'ccll:;ll .oooodc
             .;cll.;;looo:.
                 .. ','.
                .',,,,,,'.
              .',,,,,,,,,,.
            .',,,,,,,,,,,,....
          ....''',,,,,,,'.......
        .........  ....  .........
        ..........      ..........
        ..........      ..........
        .........  ....  .........
          ........,,,,,,,'......
            ....',,,,,,,,,,,,.
               .',,,,,,,,,'.
                .',,,,,,'.
                  ..'''.

[✓] Update local cache of available packages
  [i] Existing PHP installation detected : PHP version 7.3.19-1~deb                                                                                                                                                                                          10u1
  [i] Performing unattended setup, no whiptail dialogs will be disp                                                                                                                                                                                          layed
  [✓] Disk space check

[✓] Checking apt-get for upgraded packages... 1 updates available
  [i] It is recommended to update your OS after installing the Pi-h                                                                                                                                                                                          ole!

[i] Installer Dependency checks...
  [✓] Checking for dhcpcd5
  [✓] Checking for git
  [✓] Checking for iproute2
  [✓] Checking for whiptail
  [✓] Checking for dnsutils

[✗] Unsupported OS detected: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
      https://docs.pi-hole.net/main/prerequesites/#supported-operat                                                                                                                                                                                          ing-systems

e.g: If you are seeing this message on a fresh install, you c                                                                                                                                                                                          an run:
             'curl -sSL https://install.pi-hole.net | PIHOLE_SKIP_O                                                                                                                                                                                          S_CHECK=true sudo -E bash'

If you are seeing this message after having run pihole -                                                                                                                                                                                          up:
             'PIHOLE_SKIP_OS_CHECK=true sudo -E pihole -r'
           (In this case, your previous run of pihole -up will have                                                                                                                                                                                           already updated the local repository)

If that is the case, you can feel free to ask the community o                                                                                                                                                                                          n Discourse with the Community Help category:
      https://discourse.pi-hole.net/c/bugs-problems-issues/communit                                                                                                                                                                                          y-help/

Unable to complete update, please contact Pi-hole Support

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/yyq46yhs03

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Name resolution (IPv4) using a random blocked domain and a known ad-serving domain
[✓] moatpixel.com is 0.0.0.0 via localhost (127.0.0.1)
[✓] moatpixel.com is 0.0.0.0 via Pi-hole (192.168.7.111)
[✗] Failed to resolve doubleclick.com via a remote, public DNS server (8.8.8.8)

Have you run the following command:

PIHOLE_SKIP_OS_CHECK=true sudo -E pihole -up

1 Like

I use Cloudflare DoH on my Pi. I block DNS over port 53 on my firewall for most of my devices. My pfSense box does DoT itself.

The SKIP_OS_CHECK command did the trick. Thank you too!

It worked! Didn't bother trying it the first time based on a previous post, and because I figured it was an update glitch.

Thank you, and sorry for wasting your time.

That's the only way you'll be able to install from here on out then.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.