Cannot build docker image with newest 5.1.2 release fully locally

Building a pihole image fully from source is no longer possible with the 5.1.2 release.

With versions prior to 5.1.2 i was able to simply pull the docker-pihole repo and build an image on my
raspberry with the Dockerfile_armhf dockerfile.

I simply had to add the following lines to docker-compose:

build:
    context: ./path/to/pihole/repo
    dockerfile: Dockerfile_armhf

This is now no longer possible.

After some hours looking through the source code i saw, that i now have to pass ~10 arguments to the building process.
But also the source image is now the pihole/debian-base image, to which i did not find any dockerfile or any other sourcecode to build it locally.

Where can i find the sourcecode for this pihole/debian-base image to build it locally?

Why does the pihole-image not use an official base image like debian:latest or something similar?

What was the reason to change the build process from an explicit architecture-specific dockerfile with no build-arguments to a single dockerfile with lots of undocumented build-arguments?

How can i update my docker-compose file to build a 5.1.2 image locally? Which parameters do i need under the args-key?

Sorry about that, args are in docker-pi-hole/build.yml at 7199d938e1d26f72504412e9130476682854618a · pi-hole/docker-pi-hole · GitHub

MR with changes is here