Bloomberg iOS Video Streaming Blocked

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

Be able to stream Bloomberg live Video from iOS App just it is possible in MacOS/Windows using any supported desktop browser but it is not.

Actual Behaviour:

Bloomberg live streaming video is blocked only on iOS. I don't own any android device so that platform is not tested.

However, since my past post (url), I have realized that if I use a VPN to connect to US-based servers, live video streaming works. As you may have guessed, there is region targeting even though I am in Canada.

Do you know if there's a workaround for geo-targeting by tricking the iOS app but have the VPN turned off? I use Private Internet Access.

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/kbl7s9sknj

This isn't a Pi-Hole issue, unless Pi-Hole is blocking the domain. Find out which domain is serving the content and check that it is not blocked:

1 Like

jfb,
I don't think that you carefully read my initial comment. Your reply was useless because I already knew that.

I did carefully read your OP.

Geo-targeting in your VPN is not controlled by Pi-Hole. Pi-Hole will block domains on your blocklist regardless of whether you are using a VPN or not.

If I am missing some aspect of your post, pleease advise and I will investiigate accordingly.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.