Audit Log Page Question

When viewing the Audit Log page under Tools, I see a list of permitted / blocked queries. I read through the article written here, and it sounds like if I click "Audit" next to the domain, it is removed from the list and added to /etc/pihole/auditlog.list.

Tried this out with a few domains, for some reason it seems to be whitelisting them instead of adding them to the auditlog.list file. I clicked "Audit" on 5 different domains, pulled up /etc/pihole/auditlog.list, but it had no entries. After that I went to Group Management - Domains, and I see entries on that page for the domains I had clicked "Audit" on. It shows the domain, type as "Exact Whitelist", with a comment of "Added from audit log". I'd expect to see those there if I had clicked on Whitelist...but I clicked Audit, not Whitelist.

Am I missing something? Is this the expected behavior?

Expected Behaviour:

Domain is added to /etc/pihole/auditlog.list when selecting "Audit" on the Audit Log page.

Actual Behaviour:

Domain is added to whitelist, no entry is created in /etc/pihole/auditlog.list

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/54ffuug65a

/etc/pihole/auditlog.list is deprecated since pihole v5. Instead, the gravity.db is used.
Additionally, there is currently a bug with the audit log, which lead to the behavior you see. This will be fixed in the next release.

Ah ok sounds good, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.