Dnsmasq warning - Ignoring query from non-local network

I have the same issue. This causes not able to connect to internet

Debug token: https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/t3yhqwtq/

Hi DL6ER,
My warning message says "Ignoring UDP query from non-local network 10.1.1.27 (logged only once)" while I am only one hop away. Selecting "Bind only to eth0" fixes it until reboot of pi-hole.

After reboot this message comes up "DNSMASQ_CONFIG FTL failed to start due to unknown interface eth0" changing it back to "Allow only local requests" fixes it again until reboot.

Look at the ouptput of ip addr

Do you have an interface named eth0 ?

Apologies, how do I look at output of the ip address?

Re: eth0
Yes, it is connected through it and I believe it was the selected option until the update.

Please post the entire output of ip addr

When you interface is not available at boot time, you may want to play with the setting

DELAY_STARTUP=5

(or any other value) as documented here.

The command @jfb mentioned,

is something you'd enter at the console/terminal. It'll return some output that will help us helping you.

1 Like

Hello jfb and DL6ER,
following is the output of ip addr

1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group defaul                   t qlen 1000
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
    inet6 ::1/128 scope host
2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state UP group defa                   ult qlen 1000
    link/ether dc:a6:32:b5:5e:d1 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 10.1.1.15/24 brd 10.1.1.255 scope global noprefixroute eth0
    inet6 fe80::47c9:5774:99a0:60b/64 scope link
3: wlan0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qle                   n 1000
    link/ether dc:a6:32:b5:5e:d2 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

on the other note, just learnt it fixes itself (and everything works) without any changes when I go to settings page and DNS and by hitting save. But after every reboot needs to do this for internet to work.

This will restart the sevice.

Have you tried my suggestion above (adding the delay)?

Hi DL6ER,
I did try your suggestion regarding delay start. Unfortunately it did not solve the problem.
I have now uninstalled and reinstalled pi-hole from scratch. It also did not solve the problem.
Any clue, please?

Did you try the other available interface modes? Bind is like the most restricted one where everything has to match or nothing will work. They are documented on the Pi-hole documentation at https://docs.pi-hole.net

1 Like

Hi Coro,
I have recommended settings selected for interface.
Just wanted to report if there was any bug.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.