Android is not connecting

Hello everybody,

sometimes I have the problem, that my daughter is not able to connect to the WIFI or she is connected, but has not internet access.

Expected Behaviour:

She is logging in to the WIFI and she is able to connect to the Internet
Android 10 Smartphone and
Android 10 Tablet
Fire TV Stick

All 3 devices are assigned to the group Lena and LenaImmer. The group is always turned on and most of the times the connection is working but sometimes it is not working. It is helping then when I change the DNS Server in my router to 8.8.8.8 . But then pihole is not working and after a time I change it back to the pihole IP. It is then working some days and then I have this problem again.

Actual Behaviour:

• Androids says: Connected but no access to the internet
  • Android tries to connect but is stopping the connection and is not connected to the wifi at all

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/Pgy3W38Q/

If there is any more information I should provide please tell me. I don't know how I can fix this.

For me it sound like you blocked the google connectivity check.
Try out to whitelist them... for me it was helpful :slight_smile:

Well there are a few things that do not add up: You are presuming Android is refusing to connect. I can understand the first "Connected but no access to the internet" that is a config issue.

But the second is a router not allowing access, a different config issue; I doubt it is Android.

Then: all three have connectivity issues?

May I ask why you chose to use domains and not just basic settings?

edit

You may be having IPv6 issues:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.