An unknown error occured while loading the data

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

When I click on one of the devices I have in network in Pi-Hole web-admin portal, it takes me to /admin/queries.php?client=192.168.1.7, that's where you usuall have query log for specific device

Actual Behaviour:

When I go to this device's query log, browser warning pops up with "An unknown error occured while loading the data"

2018-12-18_195519

• There's no errror in error logs pops up, which is strange.
  • There's no help with increasing of memory_limit in php.ini too
  • The problem is not resolved with flushing logs or renaming FTL database to make it flush. Give it some time, and this error will pop up and will prevent you from accessing the query log of this device.

I googled this problem, there were several reports on that, and i haven't found any option to resolve it which will work in my case. Please help :slight_smile:

Debug Token:

fwt7svu6a7

How many queries were made by the device? It may be that it takes too long to retrieve the queries, or there are just too many, and it fails to handle the load. The new web interface + API will handle this much better by paginating the query log.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.
I can't tell how big the query log for this device was, as it has already flushed after 4.1.1 update. However, i can definitely tell, that this particular device's log was smaller than other devices, which query logs opened as they should, while this device log showed the error.

After 4.1.1 update everything works fine and smooth. Thank you for your hard work on making such a beautiful product!
The issue is resolved.

The queries are stored in the long term database (unless you have disabled this feature). The contents of the database should not have been disturbed during the update, and you should be able to see your past activity in the web admin GUI > Long term data

/etc/pihole/piholt-FTL.db

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.