An hour gap in activity after reboot

The issue I am facing:

I have two pi-holes both working as expected except for when I reboot there is a gap in client activity for one hour on the admin page, the same on both Pi-Holes. When I restart 'The DNS Resolver' from the setting page, the gap is gone and activity shown.

I've attached two screenshots, before and after restarting the DNS resolver and debug token link

Details about my system:

RPi with Bullseye and Pi-Hole Core v5.10, web. v5.12 and FTL v5.15

What I have changed since installing Pi-hole:
Followed the guide for installing unbound and optionally disabled resolvconf for unbound as per the guide.

Your debug token is: https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/zjOCD8cu/

Reboot was at 02.00

Spike around the reboot time and then a gap...

And after restarting DNS resolver, looks normal again...

This looks a bit suspicious. We had a an issue with importing data from the long-term data after a restart. We fixed the issue but the code is not yet released.

If you want you could try the development branch and see if this fixes your issue.

pihole checkout ftl development

You can go back on track (and before updating your Pi-hole to the next version!) with pihole checkout ftl master

Thank you, I've switched to the development branch and then did pihole -r and rebooted and first glance it looks to be fixed.

I'l wait until tomorrow morning and see how it is after the nightly reboot, and let you know for sure then, if that's OK

I don't need to wait, this has fixed the issue for sure.

I rebooted both my Pi-holes around the same time, the one on the dev branch is fine, the one still on the master shows the spike and the gap.

Great it is working for you. Please don't forget to checkout master before the next Pi-hole update.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.