American Express site acts wonky when Pi-Hole is enabled

Expected Behaviour:

Site navigation works the same with or without pi-hole enabled

Actual Behaviour:

When pi-hole is enabled and I login to American Express:

1. I receive a message "Sorry about that. Your Balance and Payment information is unavailable at this time. Please try again later."
  2. The site navigation acts wonky. For instance, if I click the Log Off button, it doesn't do anything

Any ideas why this happens on a site like www.americanexpress.com ? Are their any known URLs that need to be white listed for the site to work correctly?

These tools can help you determine why your desired content does not load.

Another possibility - the website is down or having other problems and you should try again later.

Thanks for the tips. I will review the logs to see which domains might be causing this. Its most likely the metrics collection, like you said. If I immediately disable pi-hole and log back in the site, I have no issues. This has happen every since I installed pi-hole, so its definitely not the site being down.

Another question, is it possible to configure pi-hole to temporarily white list any domain/ip when I am using americanexpress.com? (besides logging into the admin console and temporarily disabling all)

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.