Also resolving queries from server where pi-hole is running on

I have pi-hole running on my (Ubuntu) server; debug info can be found behind this token: 916rf7xoix. Everything is working fine, but now I have one problem: the server itself is also being "recorded" by pi-hole. This is definitely not something I want, because the admin interface gets messed up a bit, due to all the requests the server does itself.

So is it possible to "exclude" localhost (127.0.0.1) from being processed? I know I can put the server in the section Top Clients, but when I do this, the hostnames the server made requests for still appear in the top domains-section of the dashboard.

Change the DNS server that the server uses in /etc/resolv.conf.

Well, I have added this in my /etc/network/interfaces: dns-nameservers 192.168.1.1. This is my router address, so not pi-hole. For some reason, it looks like the server is using localhost as the dns-server. Contents of /etc/resolv.conf are like this:

# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
nameserver 127.0.0.1

So the question now is: how do I change the DNS server in use for a Ubuntu 16 LTS server?

You can always make the appropriate edit, then lock the file. See here: Make Raspberry Pi not use pihole for its own DNS - #9 by firestorrrm