Whitelisting temporary and by IP

That will be great if instead whitelisting a domain we can allow temporary, for example 5 minutes, then the domain will be automatically added back to the blacklist.

also in a different way, witch much likely would required local DHCP (or static IP / Mac setup)
Allow from the web interface to have different categories blacklist regarding the local devices.

Ex kids device have they own blacklists (restriction) parents devices other blacklists.

This has been requested multiple times, but is actually quite difficult to achieve. The DNS server we use (dnsmasq) does not support per-client answers and will always reply in the same manner. A possible alternative would be to run multiple instances of the DNS server at the same time and use the firewall to decide which of the processes will be used to answer a requested. These rules could be set up to decide based on the origin of the request. But, you already assume it, this is a really complex setup and it is quite likely that things can break at all possible places. Also, since we support quite a number of different OSes and people are using different kinds of firewalls (sometimes even with higher-lever front ends like ufw on top), preparing and maintaining a "one-click" solution for client-based blocking is out of scope.

that make sense thank you

This part is implemented with v5.0.

The temporary whitelisting of a single domain not yet.

I wish these would have been implemented in the reverse order. The easier "temporary whitelist" first, the other one second.

I don't much care if it's a temporary for the rest of the day, for 5 minutes, for 15 minutes.... the timeframe isn't really important. I've never had a temporary lift that required more than 5 minutes, though. It's always to unsubscribe from some email spam list or another, so 5 minutes is plenty. But having it open for 30 would be fine. It's not THAT big of a deal. What is a big deal is having to remember to go back into the whitelist, find this one, and remove it.

Why don't you just disable Pi-hole for say 1 minute? It will automatically turn on afterwards.

The setup:
Click a thing, no response from the web page. So open Pi-hole, go to query log and confirm it's failed due to this, not some other reason.

The possible workaround:
Assuming it is being pi-holed; open another drop-down, disable my entire ad-blocking infrastructure, go back to original page and refresh and do whatever thing needs done.

The actual desire:
Assuming it is being pi-holed; click "whitelist for 1 minute" to add the single site from being pi-holed for a minute, go back to the original page and refresh and do whatever thing needs done.

In the former option I'm opening up the entire gamut of ads and the like, for all users, all purposes and all sites for this duration. I think this was even a concern, hence having two very short period options (10 seconds, 30 seconds), because you are just leaving yourself totally exposed during that time. I also have to go to a different menu option to enable this.

In the latter option, the timing is far less critical, I'm just opening up one site. So if it's for a minute, or 5 minutes - probably no big issues there.

I agree, it's yet another workaround that would work.

I'd rather skip the workarounds, and just implement temporary whitelists because this is what the goal is in general. It's not to "disable all ad blocking", it's to allow a short-term request through.

And I'm open to other options for this, but it feels like the temporary whitelist is the most direct way to actually solve the problem that needs solving with the fewest side effects.