After Pi restart no history in GUI

Running on a Pi4b, had a restart because of updates. Had to do this a on a few occasions and never an issue. A minute or so downtime which no one usually notices.

Everything recovered okay but no history, like I started from new. The database is present and almost 1GB, think I have retention set to 21 days.

-rw-r--r--   1 pihole pihole    0 Sep 24 07:41 dhcp.leases
-rw-r--r--   1 pihole pihole 983M Sep 24 08:00 pihole-FTL.db
drwxrwxr-x   3 pihole pihole 4.0K Sep 24 08:00 .
-rw-r--r--   1 pihole root     14 Sep 24 16:50 GitHubVersions
-rw-r--r--   1 pihole root     20 Sep 25 01:10 localbranches
-rw-r--r--   1 pihole root     36 Sep 25 01:10 localversions

Not a major problem but I did wonder if it is an issue or should I flush database before restart. Just did the normal sudo reboot I have done many times before.

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/lM77Dayh/

After Pi restart no history in GUi

That could happen if a browser on your client and your RPi hosting Pi-hole would disagree on the current time.
As RPis lack a battery backuped real-time clock, they are prone to time gaps.
Given that you've employed a controlled shutdown / reboot, that shouldn't be off by a day though.

Nevertheless, it's worth checking current time and time zone information on both your RPi and your client machine.

I keep the PI on UK time whereas I am UTC +8 but it has been that way always with no issues. There's some other jobs on it that work out better if it is left on UK time since it access by script a UK server regularly. The router is the time source for the whole network.

Checking again today and the DB is same size and same time
-rw-r--r-- 1 pihole pihole 983M Sep 24 08:00 pihole-FTL.db
so is not being updated ?
There was a recent update to Pihole maybe that broke something? Anyway I found this I was getting this error wrong # of entries in index idx_queries_timestamps The repaired db was way smaller.

Anyway just stopping and starting pihole-FTL was enough to clear today's data but I have a history if I look in the long term data. I'll stop n start tomorrow and see what happens.

EDIT - started and stopped and display restored. I'll assume corrupted database. It's now holding at ~160M down from 950GB

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.