Ads blocked on laptop, showing on iPad. Identical sites visited

I visit a website on my laptop and it works perfect. All ads blocked. I then visit that identical site on my iPad and notice ads are showing up. The pihole is setup on the router so all devices on my LAN use it by default. My understanding is that the ads should be blocked across the network on all devices equally. Why would ads be blocked on the laptop, yet show up on an IOS device? Thank you

I have to check on another issue related to an iOS device, so I'll see if I can replicate your's as well. I haven't had any issues so far. Are you running a stock Pi-hole or have you customized it in anyway?

Update. I fixed the issue. It appears the iPad was caching DNS. So I did this:

Resetting Network Settings

The best way to flush DNS on iPhone, iPad or iPod is to reset the network settings. This would wipe off the saved internet connections, router hashes, all DNS cache and cookies. You will have to reboot your iPhone in this process and add connection again.

Launch ‘Settings’ in your iOS device.

Head over to the ‘General’ tab and then go to ‘Reset’.

Tab “Reset Network Settings” and confirm.

After doing the reset network settings, I visited the sites again and the ads are now blocked. Hoping this tip can help others in the community who may also run into this issue.

That sounds like the right solution. My iPad has been using Pi-hole for several years now so I never ran into cache as an issue. This is why I was surprised to see this thread since it's always worked so well.

Enjoy!