Additional dnsmasq options (need entries from ddwrt to work in pihole if possible)

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

In DDWRT under services -> DNSMASQ there is a text field where you can enter in additional dnsmasq options. I've been using this in conjunction with my synologys application portal / reverse proxy feature so that I can type in hostname.domain and it will forward those requests to the listen web server port for each service .. such as sabnzbd for instance. We'll I finally got my pihole working as expected but I dont know how to replicate that functionality there. I'm sure there is a way. Here is what is listed currently in my DDWRT router
address=/sonarr.pants/10.10.1.250
address=/radarr.pants/10.10.1.250
address=/mylar.pants/10.10.1.250
address=/sabnzb.pants/10.10.1.250
address=/headphones.pants/10.10.1.250
address=/transmission.pants/10.10.1.250
address=/nas.pants/10.10.1.250
address=/gigantic.pants/10.10.1.251
address=/packlunch.pants/10.10.1.1
dhcp-option=6,10.10.1.5

I'd like to replicate this as much as possible in the pihole since its now serving DNS and DHCP to my endpoints.

Actual Behaviour:

N/A

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/1jkkiyp2h0

You can set dnsmasq configurations in /etc/dnsmasq.d/ , just don't edit 01-pihole.conf or your changes will be overwritten. The notes below are included in 01-pihole.conf:

###############################################################################
#      FILE AUTOMATICALLY POPULATED BY PI-HOLE INSTALL/UPDATE PROCEDURE.      #
# ANY CHANGES MADE TO THIS FILE AFTER INSTALL WILL BE LOST ON THE NEXT UPDATE #
#                                                                             #
#        IF YOU WISH TO CHANGE THE UPSTREAM SERVERS, CHANGE THEM IN:          #
#                      /etc/pihole/setupVars.conf                             #
#                                                                             #
#        ANY OTHER CHANGES SHOULD BE MADE IN A SEPARATE CONFIG FILE           #
#                    WITHIN /etc/dnsmasq.d/yourname.conf                      #
###############################################################################

Thanks for your reply!
Can you provide a bit more detail or point me to a FAQ or something? Do i make an additional file in there with those same entries that I had in ddwrt? If so does it have to be a specific named format? I assume so? I'll run off to google in the meantime. Any help you can throw my way would be awesome!

Thanks again for the speedy response.

Take a look at this thread:

Thanks. Looks like I have to do some stuff based on that persons thread. Would rather just create a file and have the extra dnsmasq setting be present and read. I'll keep searching and reviewing that thread / persons github.

Thanks again.

All you have to do is make a new file in /etc/dnsmasq.d and follow the configuration specified by the dnsmasq documentation:
http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/docs/dnsmasq-man.html

The thread @jfb linked just has some configs that another user has created.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.