500 internal Server error after some days of working / no ssh connection

Expected Behaviour:

Pi hole web ui should allway be availeble (/admin/index.php)
Config / connection via remote console over ssh should be posible

Actual Behaviour:

After some days of running on my Pi Model 3b+ the web ui stop working with error 500 internal server error
Try to fix this with a remote connection over ssh - connection refused.

Debug Token:

ms3aed7vyt

Only chance to get it back is to hard power off and reboot the system...

This indicates a problem outside of Pi-Hole. The ssh software is part of the OS, and if you can't ssh in, then the problem lies at the OS level.

I see some straing lines in the syslog:

Dec  8 23:50:01 piproxy CRON[11856]: (root) CMD (   PATH="$PATH:/usr/local/bin/" pihole updatechecker local)
^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@Dec  9 00:00:02 piproxy fake-hwclock[102]: So 8. Dez 23:17:01 UTC 2019
Dec  9 00:00:02 piproxy systemd-fsck[131]: rootfs: sauber, 42830/918720 Dateien, 505310/3784704 Blöcke

Looks like it gets a reboot / system crash in this night?
Maybe this is causing all the trouble?

Your SD card is corrupted.

I've seen this several times before and in my case, 4 out of 4 times, it was the card ... going bad ... :slight_smile:

If just flashed a new sd card. lets see if it will run now stable.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.